Hana’s Rainforest & Waterfall Adventure
The Road to Hana features miles of lush tropical rainforests, beautiful waterfalls at every turn, narrow one-lane bridges, and most importantly our colorful and enduring cultural traditions kept by our elders. Hana truly is a world unto itself. Discover its stories, live its legends, and experience the authentic hospitality of old Hawaii with your knowledgeable tour guide. You travel through the very heart of Maui and all that makes Maui no ka oi (the best!) This magical experience lets you see both sides of the famous Hana Highway.
Let our local Hana Highway experts (professional drivers) drive for you as you sit back, relax, and enjoy the spectacular views. Aloha Sunshine Tours entertains you with fun stories, shares interesting historical facts, and educates you about Hawaiian legends and culture in this once-in-a-lifetime adventure to discover the best of Maui!
Our fleet of luxury, modern vehicles, and air-conditioned buses are the most comfortable for the road to Hana with large viewing windows creating comfort and spectacular views for every passenger. Our anti-glare windows on our air-conditioned buses make for the perfect picture.
Our friendly, local, and knowledgeable guides share Hawaii’s culture, history, island highlights, and swim spots along the breathtaking Hana Highway. Your guide helps you to discover the world’s most beautiful black sand beach.
Also departing from Oahu
- Ho’okipa Park for a look at Hawaiian-style life of enjoying the sea
- Pua’a Ka’a Park for swimming in a waterfall
- Kea’nae Peninsula for true scenery & lookouts of Hawaiian country living
- Wai’ananapanapa State Park, 120 acres of a must-stop scenery area and to swim at the Black Sand Beach where old Hawaii still exists
- Hana town for some free time and no-host lunch options
Beach and Swim
- Swim and enjoy at Wainapanapa Black Sand Beach (weather permitting)
- Swim Pua’a Ka’a State Park Waterfalls & photo opportunities
- Bottled water
- You are welcome to bring your own beverages and snacks on board (coolers not permitted)
What to bring
- Wear covered shoes and comfortable clothes
- Swimsuit, towel, and sunscreen
Duration: 11 Hours
Tour Days: Monday – Sunday
Tour Time: Pick-up: 6 a.m. | Return: 5 p.m. (Approximate times)
|Hana’s Rainforest & Waterfall Adventure|
Ages over 12
Changes and cancellations are allowed up to 48 hours prior to tour commencement without penalty. No-shows and changes or cancellations within 48 hours are subject to a full charge. No refunds are available once a tour has commenced.
We cannot be held responsible for and cannot extend financial reimbursement for delays caused by factors such as traffic, weather, mechanical issues, or problems concerning Navy-operated shuttle boats. Ticketed access to the Arizona Memorial is first-come first-served, we cannot guarantee admission and cannot issue refunds if access to any tour stop is denied for any reason.
DEPARTURE & RETURN TIMES
Depart 6:25 am* | Return: 4:30 pm*
*All times are approximate
- Round trip Waikiki hotel transportation
- Admission and tickets
- Government-issued identification for access to Ford Island
- Shirt and footwear required. No swim wear.
WHAT TO BRING
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- Purses and bags are not allowed inside Pearl Harbor Historic Parks due to security precautions.
- All bags may be stored for a nominal fee at the entrance to the Park.
- The 23-documentary film contains content that may be emotional for some visitors.
- The USS Arizona Memorial experience features a 10-15 Navy vessel ride to the Memorial.
- The USS Missouri features a two-story flight of stairs onto the deck. There are also two elevators on the entry Brow.
- Ladders are steep and handholds can be difficult.
- Visitors should be able to walk four city blocks.
- Sites are subject to close due to stormy weather.
- Locations visited: WWII Valor in the Pacific Monument, Pearl Harbor, Ford Island, Arizona Memorial, Battleship Missouri, Bowfin Submarine Museum, Pacific
- Aviation Museum
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Time Spent at Memorials: Arizona Memorial: 2 hours; Battleship Missouri: 2 hours; Bowfin Submarine: 1 hour; Pacific Aviation Museum: 1 hour
NOTE: The Memorials are places of honor, inspiration, reflection, and quiet contemplation commemorating those who died during the attack of December 7, 1941. Visitors are asked to assist in maintaining an atmosphere of decorum and respect.