Big Island Volcano Adventure Tour
A volcano adventure where you’ll view dormant and active volcanoes, craters, steam vents, and miles of lava beds! Our Big Island Volcano Tour Adventure is once again visiting parts of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (HVNP).
Recent volcanic eruptions have drastically changed the landscape of the park, and for the time being, the Visitor Center, Steam Vents, Thurston Lava Tube, and parts of Chain of Craters Road are the only areas that have reopened.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park*
- Volcano House Restaurant* – Breakfast Buffet (on own)
- Halema’uma’u Crater* – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center* – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents* – groundwater seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook* – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook* – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Devastation Trail* – stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Thurston Lava Tube*
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory*
- Akaka Falls* – epic 442-foot waterfall surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation
- Rainbow Falls* – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Hilo Town
- Banyan Drive
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach
- Liliuokalani Gardens
|DEPARTURE TIME||Depart: 7:45 AM Return: 7:00 PM|
|WHATS INCLUDED||Round-Trip Transportation
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Expert, Live Narration
Big Island Volcano Adventure Tour
Ages 12 +
Children 3-11 yrs
Age 3-11 yrs
Infants 2 yrs and under
Age 2 and under. Does not occupy a seat. Sits on an adult’s lap.
This adventure is operated by Polynesian Adventure Activities
Can I reserve this tour when I get to Hawaii?
It is recommended you pre-book to avoid disappointment as many of our tours and products are popular and can be sold out early.
Do your Hawaii tours operate on Christmas, Thanksgiving, and other holidays?
Many of the places we stop while on tour are closed on Christmas (December 25), Thanksgiving (third Thursday in November), and New Year’s Day (January 1).
Can I be dropped off at my hotel or in the city after my tour?
Generally, we pick passengers up at major hotels or airports. We return our guests to the place of pick up. We cannot accommodate luggage on tour. We cannot pick passengers up at the airport and return them to a hotel.
What languages are available for this tour?
Our tours are available in English and our Maui HaleakalaTours are available in other languages. Privately chartered vehicles have a choice of qualified guides that speak a variety of languages.
How far in advance can reserve tours?
You may reserve tours up to a year in advance.
I don’t know what date I am traveling yet. Can I reserve a tour and leave it open dated?
Our system does not allow for tours to be reserved without a date or a place of pick up.
When do I receive confirmation of my reservation?
You should receive a confirmation email of online reservations within two business days.
What should I wear on tour?
Please wear comfortable attire and shoes. Many tours traverse uneven walking surfaces. Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are recommended. Bring a light sweater or jacket to Waimea Canyon (Kaua’i), Haleakala (Mau’i), Volcanoes National Park (Big Island), and any tour with air transportation.
What should I bring on my Hawaii tour?
You should bring items that allow you to be comfortable. You should wear sunscreen and bring a camera. Please do not leave anything of value unattended on the coach.
What is the “no bags” policy at the Arizona Memorial?
The U.S. Department of the Interior has instituted security guidelines that prohibit any item that offers concealment at Pearl Harbor. This includes purses, backpacks, fanny packs, etc. Stroller pockets must be emptied. A small camera is permitted.
You may check http://www.nps.gov/usar/planyourvisit/index.html for full details.
Will we see lava on the Volcano Adventure Tour?
We cannot predict the weather or lava viewing conditions. This volcano tour features change daily. We do not guarantee the sighting of active lava flows. Surface lava may be present but may not be viewable due to environmental conditions or time constraints.
Do you have ADA compliant vehicles?
Yes, we do have coaches with lifts.