Experience Kapalua Electric Bike Self-Guided Tour
Explore Kapalua and experience the gorgeous sceneries of the Kapalua Resort while riding an eco-friendly Ride Smart Maui electric bike. This is a must-do activity on Maui.
Kapalua, loosely translated to “arms embracing the sea,” is one of Maui’s premier resort areas located at the foot of the verdant Kahalawai or West Maui mountains. Kapalua’s lovely shoreline is lined with five bays and three white-sand beaches, one of which was named “The Best Beach in America” by the University of Maryland’s Laboratory of Coastal Research.
The Kapalua Resort has miles of trails to hike, including the 3.5-mile Coastal Trail. At the ocean’s edge throughout Kapalua Resort, the coastal Trail runs north from award-winning Kapalua Bay Beach, across the sand dunes at picturesque Oneloa Bay, through The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua’s scenic grounds to popular D.T. Fleming Beach Park. the 3.5-mile trail will reach historic Honolua Bay, where the voyaging canoe Hokule‘a began its maiden voyage to Tahiti, launching the Hawaiian cultural renaissance in spring 1976, and where surfers all over the world come over to enjoy its winter swell. Please note 3.5-mile Coastal Trail is not a bike trail. You can park your bike and walk the coastal trail and amazing pictures.
On your ride, these are some places to explore-
- Dragon’s Teeth – Makalua-puna Point off Office Road, Kapalua
- D.T. Fleming Beach Park
- Oneloa Bay
- Kapalua Coastal Trail (this is a walking trail) – Great opportunity to take pictures
- Kapalua Plantation Course
- Kapalua Resort
- The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Kapalua
- Montage Kapalua
- Honolua Store and many more
Enjoy the Valley Isle without worrying about parking, gas prices, or exhaust emissions. Explore the wonderful sights of the Kapalua, all from an electric-powered bike that takes the sting out of bike riding and enables the rider to experience and enjoy the changing scenery of award-winning Kapalua Bay. With an extra couple of hours, you can also enjoy the Village Walking Trail. Fun activities that the entire family can enjoy. Great opportunity to take gorgeous pictures. This activity will create an unforgettable travel experience for your entire family.
Beginner Riders please consider the following:
- Ask for an evaluation test ride before renting the e-bike. Being able to properly balance, get on, get off a bike and ride making controlled tight turns under your own power as well as pedal assist is critical.
- If you are not confident following your evaluation test ride either cancel before the 24 hours or switch to a tandem bike. You can also rent an e-bike for 2 hours to practice before the group ride to get comfortable.
- Rent a Tandem bike (2 people on one bike) utilizing an experienced rider as the lead rider.
- Hire a guide to take you on a tandem.
|Experience Kapalua Electric Bike Self-Guided Tour|
Minicepter 24″ wheel only for rider’s 5’6″ and below – One Person
Cargo & Family Bikes
Up to 3 people depending on weight and age
Mini Fat Tire
Cargo Touring (step thru)
Customers will receive a full refund with 24 hours’ notice of cancellation before the activity (rental or tour). Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator (RideSmart Maui) cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances before the activity.
No-shows will be charged the full price and no refunds after E-Bikes are rented. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about cancellation 24 hours before rental time. Early returns will not receive any credits full booking amount is charged for the time it was booked.
If E-Bikes are not returned on time there will be an additional charge at hourly rate increments.