Big Island Duo Surf Lessons
2 HOUR PRIVATE SURF FOR 2 WITH HAWAIIAN LIFEGUARD
1:1 Child add-on available at select times
Surf Instructors are fully trained and certified by the American Red Cross in Professional Lifeguarding, Ocean Rescue, CPR, AED and First Aid.
Private Surf Coach
- 10 minute surf classroom coaching @ HLSI HQ
- Up to 2 Hours surf time @ Kahalu’u Bay
return surfers bypass classroom time
- Surf Board and Leash
- Rash Guard Water Shirt and Water Shoes Rental
Car Keys Can Be Stored By Instructor For Safe Keeping At Beach Park
THINGS TO BRING
- Sunscreen- reef safe please
- Swim Clothes (please arrive dressed in swim attire by check in time)
- Swim Shirt- free rental available
- Water Shoes- free rental available
- Two (2) persons age 10+ are required for this class option. Must book in pairs.
- Students age 3-9 must select PRIVATE CHILD SURF LESSONS
- Maximum board weight capacity is 265 lbs. Students over weight capacity must select: PRIVATE SURF for equipment upgrade and 1-on-1 setting.
- STUDENTS MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM AND PARTICIPATE IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS NOT SURFING MUST REMAIN ON LOCATION TO ACCOMPANY THEIR MINOR CHILDREN.
Ideal surf viewing area is available at Kahalu’u Beach Park for spectators to enjoy. Kahalu’u is also ideal for swimming, picnicking and snorkeling.
Safety & Health Disclosure: All Students must be able to swim, follow basic English instruction and participate in strenuous physical activity. Please disclose any major past injuries/ surgeries or medical illnesses. Parents/Guardians not surfing must remain on location to accompany their minor children. Those persons with any ailments are advised to please select a private surfing course so that our Lifeguards are able to best service your special needs.
Student(s) Transportation from Check In Location to Surfing Location is NOT provided.
|Duo Surf Lessons|
Semi-Private Surf Lessons – For two people
This adventure is operated by Hawaii Lifeguard Surf Instructors
Can HLSI provide surfer transportation?
No. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from the classroom and beach park. UBER is available in our area if needed. Public parking is free both at HLSI HQ for check-in and at the beach park. HLSI transports all surfing equipment for our students but to keep costs as low as possible for the classes we do not shuttle surfers back and forth.
When is the best time to surf?
Typically mornings are ideal for any ocean activity on the islands. Light winds tend to pick up in the afternoons making for choppy water conditions. We recommend earlier the better. Feel free to call our office for the current surf/ weather report.
How big are class sizes?
The max class size allowed is 8 students per class time with a max of 4 students per instructor. For larger groups, private back to back classes may be reserved to accommodate all surfers for the day. (per Hawaii State Law for Kahalu’u Bay)