South Maui Turtle Reef Discovery
Turtle Reef Discovery – Makena Bay Kayaking and Snorkeling
Approx. 3 Hours.
Kayak, snorkel and discover the wild sea turtles on this 3 hour, 2 snorkel stop introductory adventure at Olowalu in West Maui or Makena in South Maui.
- At both locations you’ll enjoy small groups while snorkeling in crystal clear waters that are almost 80 degrees, all set against the backdrop of the stunning West Maui mountains and Haleakala. 3 hours to remember.
- Ask around, and you’ll find that our Discovery tour is one of the few must-do activities on the island. It will leave you with lasting memories of Maui fun and adventure. The Discovery Maui kayaking tour was chosen as a 2006/2007 Family Travel Favorite by WeJustGotBack.com and was featured on MSNBC as a result.
- At the end of the Discovery tour, enjoy some wonderful shoreline snacks and beverages!
We always recommend that “big eaters” pack some additional rations if they are so inclined. Additionally, all guests should bring a bottle of water for themselves, as hydration is a critical element to a fun day here on Maui.
Families will love it!
- As long as your kids are aged 5 or above you can bring them along to participate in all the fun! By the same token however, don’t make the mistake of thinking this is a just a kiddie trip.
- The trip is primarily designed for adults as a first time, or simply more laid back style, kayak snorkel combination adventure. The whole family is able to come as we have kayaks that can hold 1, 2 or even 3 people if the 3rd person is a child seated between adults.
Snorkel with loads of wild marine life.
- On the Discovery we will see tons of turtles, beautiful tropical fish in a stunning array of colors, perhaps some dolphins and in the Winter we’re also joined by the Humpback Whales down from Alaska.
- All of the underwater life is framed by beautiful, calm and warm indigo waters that surround the Hawaiian Islands, and are particularly lovely in the Ukumehame and Makena regions where the Discovery tours takes place.
Our guides are the best!
- Our small staff of guides carries years of experience and they are the best in the business, bar none. They’ll give you instruction on correct paddling and snorkeling techniques and be right in the water alongside you all day.
Throughout your time with us, they’ll regail you with stories, legends and local knowledge all delivered with the charm, energy and charisma that only our staff offers.
- This is their full time job and many of our guests come back each year from places as far away as Japan and England just to get in the water with our guides again.
During whale season (October through April) you will have the opportunity to see Humpback whales during their annual migration to the Islands to mate and give birth.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Makena Landing Park, 5083 Makena Rd, Kihei, HI 96753|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive promptly 30 minutes before your tour to check-in.|
|WHAT TO BRING||Swimsuit, comfortable and easy to remove sandals, a towel, reef-safe sunscreen & a spirit of adventure|
|WHATS INCLUDED||Kayak, snorkel gear, dry bags (for storing personal items), water, and juice. The “Intro” tours include snacks, and the “Adventure” Tours include a beach snacks|
||Any changes/cancellations must be made outside the 48 hours prior to your activity for a refund (72 for private tours).
Activity may be moved as a result of severe weather/conditions.
|South Maui Turtle Reef Discovery
Turtle Reef Discovery – Go early for the best experience
Per Person 5+
This adventure is operated by Maui Eco Tours