Kauai Movie Adventure Tour
A Kauai Movie Tour adventure for young and old, movie buffs and nature lovers!
You’ll visit many famous sites on Kauai where Hollywood Blockbusters and TV shows were filmed. Your backstage pass will take you to scenic locations with your film buff guide and you’ll even view clips of those notable films. Lunch is included at Tahiti Nui, where the George Clooney film “The Descendants” was filmed. You’ll enjoy this unique tour that truly showcases Kauai’s most beautiful locales and scenic locations.
- Ahukini Landing – a pier at the mouth of Hanamaulu Stream where it meets the Pacific Ocean. A popular fishing spot, Pagan Love Song and Donovan’s Reef were filmed here.
- Lydgate Beach – adjacent to the Wailua River, enclosed from the ocean by two rock ponds. Elvis filmed “Blue Hawaii” as it offers a picturesque backdrop.
- Opaekaa Falls – a beautiful waterfall that cascades into a hidden pool below, Opaekaa Falls is 151-feet tall and 40 feet wide. Featured in the “Wackiest Ship in the Army” and “Blue Hawaii.”
- Kilauea Point Lighthouse Overlook – at the Northernmost tip of Kauai, the Kilauea Lighthouse is famously seen in “Lilo and Stitch” and serves as a beacon for ships in the 1970s.
- Kapa’a Town – a quaint town north of Wailua on the east side of Kauai where the famous dinosaur “egg-change” took place in Jurassic Park.”
- Lunch at Tahiti Nui – included in the tour price, enjoy lunch at local favorite dining hot spot, Tahiti Nui, and select from a variety of local favorites.
- Hanalei & Hanalei Pier – A charming town rich in history, surrounded by taro patches and art galleries, Hanalei suffered widespread and catastrophic flooding in April 2018. The floodwaters eroded the land around the famous Hanalei pier but it has been repaired as of late and as beautiful as ever.
Kauai Movie Adventure Tour
Ages 12 +
Children 3-11 yrs
Age 3-11 yrs
Infants 2 yrs and under
Age 2 and under. Does not occupy a seat. Sits on an adult’s lap.
Can I reserve this tour when I get to Hawaii?
It is recommended you pre-book to avoid disappointment as many of our tours and products are popular and can be sold out early.
Do your Hawaii tours operate on Christmas, Thanksgiving, and other holidays?
Many of the places we stop while on tour are closed on Christmas (December 25), Thanksgiving (third Thursday in November), and New Year’s Day (January 1).
Can I be dropped off at my hotel or in the city after my tour?
Generally, we pick passengers up at major hotels or airports. We return our guests to the place of pick up. We cannot accommodate luggage on tour. We cannot pick passengers up at the airport and return them to a hotel.
What languages are available for this tour?
Our tours are available in English and our Maui HaleakalaTours are available in other languages. Privately chartered vehicles have a choice of qualified guides that speak a variety of languages.
How far in advance can reserve tours?
You may reserve tours up to a year in advance.
I don’t know what date I am traveling yet. Can I reserve a tour and leave it open dated?
Our system does not allow for tours to be reserved without a date or a place of pick up.
When do I receive confirmation of my reservation?
You should receive a confirmation email of online reservations within two business days.
What should I wear on tour?
Please wear comfortable attire and shoes. Many tours traverse uneven walking surfaces. Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are recommended. Bring a light sweater or jacket to Waimea Canyon (Kaua’i), Haleakala (Mau’i), Volcanoes National Park (Big Island), and any tour with air transportation.
What should I bring on my Hawaii tour?
You should bring items that allow you to be comfortable. You should wear sunscreen and bring a camera. Please do not leave anything of value unattended on the coach.
What is the “no bags” policy at the Arizona Memorial?
The U.S. Department of the Interior has instituted security guidelines that prohibit any item that offers concealment at Pearl Harbor. This includes purses, backpacks, fanny packs, etc. Stroller pockets must be emptied. A small camera is permitted.
You may check http://www.nps.gov/usar/planyourvisit/index.html for full details.
Will we see lava on the Volcano Adventure Tour?
We cannot predict the weather or lava viewing conditions. This volcano tour features change daily. We do not guarantee the sighting of active lava flows. Surface lava may be present but may not be viewable due to environmental conditions or time constraints.
Do you have ADA compliant vehicles?
Yes, we do have coaches with lifts.